Monday, March 16, 2015

How many punches can Manny throw in one minute while shadowboxing?

{Updated for corrections}

A very interesting question. I had always thought about it. I've imagined it, but never have actually counted or estimated it. Never researched about it.


There is no count as exactly how many punches Manny Pacquiao can throw while shadowboxing. Nobody ever tried to count.

So let's try to count, even though shadowboxing is faster than punching the opponent in the ring in a real fight. Even faster than punching a heavy bag. It depends how much a boxer will throw punches. So the stamina will determine the amount of punches a boxer can throw, whether in shadowboxing, punching a bag, or in a real fight.

I tried my best. I counted it based on this video below.



Take note that this video is his recent training video as of this date, his preparation for the May 2 fight. Imagine the speed he had 5 or 6 years ago. So, lets just try to base his speed now, his speed today.

I did my best, for maybe ten to 12 times repeating the video on the part where he's shadowboxing.

From the video I started at :16 seconds until :23 seconds, where he stopped. What I have come up was 50. 50 punches in 7 seconds. Could be a little less or a little more than 50. But that's the closest I can get.

It is really hard to count the punches since his hand speed is so fast you can't see the punches throwing. Even if you base it on his yell or the kiai (used in martial arts for short yell when attacking an opponent), it is very difficult to count. I wish I had the video on slow motion, but I can only play it in YouTube since it's not downloadable.

So that's I've come up. Manny Pacquiao can punch 50 in 7 seconds.

Considering Manny's gas is so tremendous, let us assume he can shadowbox in a minute. That will be 450 punches in one minute if he can maintain the phase. I've divided 60 seconds by 7 is equal to 8.5714. Let's round off to 8. 8 x 7 is 56. So let's cut off the 4 seconds that could have been 60 seconds, to make it a minute. Let's assume he stopped at 56 seconds.

So, for 50 punches in every 7 seconds, that would be 450 punches in 56 seconds.

What about you? Have you counted it? How much you've got?

{The article above is written by Nonoy Avellanosa, a Manny PAcquiao fanatic and a professional blogger. Follow him on Twitter.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boxing Experts Prediction: Manny Will Win Against Floyd In Rematch. Find Out Why.

The declaration to affirm the rematch between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao is apparently upon us. Who might have figured it could ...